Memorial Day is an opportunity to pause and give thanks to those who have fallen in service of our country. As we enjoy our freedom and a long weekend with friends and family, we pay tribute to our country's heroes by keeping them in our thoughts.
If you plan on raising a glass this weekend, we have just the thing: a cocktail aptly named The Joggling Board. Famed Atlanta bartender Greg Best created this beverage for a Garden and Gun event, and our buddy Jeff makes a mean version as well. Channel your inner "mixologist" and give it a go!
THE JOGGLING BOARD
- 1 ounce white rum (preferably Denizen)
- 1/2 ounce orange curaçao (preferably Pierre Ferrand)
- 1/2 ounce Lillet rosé
- 1/2 ounce grapefruit juice
- 1/4 ounce King's Ginger liqueur
- 1/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1 pinch black pepper, fresh-cracked
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
Garnish: pinch of sea salt
Glassware: cocktail or coupe
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a pinch of sea salt.